Notice of Meeting SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (LIFELONG LEARNING)
Date and time
of Meeting THURSDAY, 18TH JULY, 2013 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COMMITTEE ROOM NO. 2, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Apologies for Absence.
[View Apologies for Absence Minute]
2. Minutes of the Meeting held on 24th June, 2013.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
[View Declarations of Interest Minute]
Report of the Managing Director –
4. Central South Joint Education Service: Joint Scrutiny Committee.
[View Joint Scrutiny Committee Minute]
5. Youth Support Services Strategy – Cabinet: 17th June 2013.
[View Youth Support Services Strategy Minute]
Reports of the Chief Learning and Skills Officer -
6. Revenue and Capital Monitoring for the Period 1st April 2013 to 31st May 2013.
[View Revenue and Capital Monitoring Minute]
7. Closure of Accounts 2012/13.
[View Closure of Accounts Minute]
8. School Catch-up Literacy and Numeracy Intervention Programme.
[View Literacy and Numeracy Minute]
9. End of Year Performance 2012/13 and Performance Indicators 2013/14.
[View End of Year and Performance Monitoring Minute]
(i) Additional Learning Needs. [Action Monitoring] [End of Year Performance]
(ii) School Improvement. [Action Monitoring] [End of Year Performance]
(iii) Strategic Planning and Performance. [Action Monitoring] [End of Year Performance]
Report of the Director of Resources –
10. Scrutiny Decision Tracking of Recommendations – 1st Quarter.
[View Decision Tracking Minute]
11. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
12. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
12th July, 2013
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Karen Bowen, Tel: 01446 709856
To the Members of the Scrutiny Committee (Lifelong Learning)
Chairman: Councillor N.P. Hodges
Vice-Chairman: Councillor Ms. R. Birch
Councillors: Mrs. M.E.J. Birch, Ms. K. Edmunds, H.C. Hamilton, T.H. Jarvie, F.T. Johnson, A. Parker, R.A. Penrose and E. Williams.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. P. Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Father E. Counsell (Church in Wales).
Dr. C. Brown (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector).
Mr. L. Kellaway (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr. G. Beaudette (Primary).
Mr. D. Treharne (Welsh Medium Education).
Vacant (Free Churches).