Notice of Meeting SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (LIFELONG LEARNING)
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 14TH OCTOBER, 2013 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COMMITTEE ROOM NO. 2, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Apologies for Absence.
[View Apologies for Absence Minute]
2. Minutes of the Meeting held on 9th September, 2013.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
[View Declarations of Interest Minute]
Report of the Chief Learning and Skills Officer -
4. Revenue and Capital Monitoring for the Period 1st April 2013 to 31st August, 2013.
[View Revenue and Capital Monitoring Minute]
5. A Vision for a New National Youth Work Strategy for Wales 2013-18: Cabinet – 9th September 2013.
[View Youth Work Strategy Minute]
6. Response to the Welsh Government's Proposals for the Future Delivery of Education Services in Wales: Cabinet – 9th September 2013.
[View Delivery of Education Services Minute]
7. School Reorganisation Proposals for Welsh Medium Primary School Places in Barry: Ysgol Gwaun y Nant and Oakfield Primary School: Cabinet – 23rd September 2013.
[View School Reorganisation Proposals Minute]
Reports of the Chief Learning and Skills Officer -
8. School Performance Report 2012/13 for End of Foundation Phase, Key Stage 2 and 3 and the National Reading and Numeracy Tests.
[View School Performance Report Minute]
9. Quarter 1 Learning and Skills Performance Report 2013/14.
[View Q1 Learning and Skills Minute]
(Members are reminded to inform the Democratic and Scrutiny Services Section by no later than 12 noon on the day of the meeting if they require officer attendance for Performance Monitoring)
Report of the Director of Resources –
10. Scrutiny Committee Tracking of Recommendations Quarter 2.
[View Decision Tracking Minute]
11. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
12. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
8th October, 2013
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Karen Bowen, Tel: 01446 709856
To the Members of the Scrutiny Committee (Lifelong Learning)
Chairman: Councillor N.P. Hodges
Vice-Chairman: Councillor Ms. R. Birch
Councillors: Mrs. M.E.J. Birch, Ms. K. Edmunds, H.C. Hamilton, T.H. Jarvie, F.T. Johnson, A. Parker, R.A. Penrose and E. Williams.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. P. Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Father E. Counsell (Church in Wales).
Dr. C. Brown (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector).
Mr. L. Kellaway (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr. G. Beaudette (Primary).
Mr. D. Treharne (Welsh Medium Education).
Vacant (Free Churches).