Notice of Meeting SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (LIFELONG LEARNING)
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 11TH NOVEMBER, 2013 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COMMITTEE ROOM NO. 2, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Apologies for Absence.
[View Apologies for Absence minute]
2. Minutes of the Meeting held on 14th October, 2013.
[View Minutes minute]
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
[View Declarations of Interest minute]
4. Estyn Report on the Quality of Local Authority Education Services for Children and Young People: Cabinet – 21st October, 2013.
[View Reference minute]
Reports of the Cabinet Member for Children’s Services –
5. Estyn Inspection of Local Authority Education Services for Children and Young People : Draft Post Inspection Action Plan.
[View Estyn PIAP minute]
6. School Performance Report for the end of Key Stage 4 and 5 (Provisional Benchmarking Data Only).
[View KS4 School Performance minute]
Reports of the Chief Learning and Skills Officer –
7. Welsh Public Library Standards Assessment 2012-13.
[View Welsh Library Standards minute]
8. Review of Library and Information Services in the Vale of Glamorgan.
[View Review minute]
9. School Support Programme: 2013 – 2014.
[View School Support Programme minute]
10. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
11. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
5th November, 2013
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Karen Bowen, Tel: 01446 709856
To the Members of the Scrutiny Committee (Lifelong Learning)
Chairman: Councillor N.P. Hodges
Vice-Chairman: Councillor Ms. R. Birch
Councillors: Mrs. M.E.J. Birch, Ms. K. Edmunds, H.C. Hamilton, T.H. Jarvie, F.T. Johnson, A. Parker, R.A. Penrose and E. Williams.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. P. Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Father E. Counsell (Church in Wales).
Dr. C. Brown (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector).
Mr. L. Kellaway (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr. G. Beaudette (Primary).
Mr. D. Treharne (Welsh Medium Education).
Vacant (Free Churches).