Notice of Meeting SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (LIFELONG LEARNING)
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 9TH DECEMBER, 2013 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COMMITTEE ROOM NO. 2, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Apologies for Absence.
[View Apologies for Absence Minute]
2. Minutes of the Meeting held on 11th November, 2013.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
[View Declarations of Interest Minute]
4. Central South Consortium – Joint Education Service Representatives: Mr. Robert Hopkins (Head of Service for School Improvement), Ms. Jayne Edwards (Head of Service for Links) and Mr. Paul Wolstenholme (Senior System Leader).
[View Central South Consortium Presentation Minute]
Report of the Cabinet Member for Children’s Services –
5. Central South Consortium Joint Education Service: Action in Response to Wales Audit Office Report
[View Response to WAO Report Minute]
6. School Performance Report for the End of Key Stages 4 and 5 – Cabinet: 18th November, 2013.
[View School Performance Report Minute]
Reports of the Chief Learning and Skills Officer –
7. Initial Revenue Budget Proposals 2014/15.
[View Initial Revenue Budget Minute]
8. Initial Capital Programme Proposals 2014/15.
[View Initial Capital Programme Minute]
9. End of Year Performance Report 2012/13: National Strategic Indicators and Public Accountability Measures.
[View End of Year Performance Minute]
10. Consultation on the Review of Library and Information Services in the Vale of Glamorgan.
[View Review of Library and Information Services Minute]
11. School Re-organisation Proposals for Welsh Medium Primary Schooling in Barry
[View School Reorganisation Proposals Minute]
Quarterly Performance Monitoring Reports – Quarter 2 –
12. Learning and Skills.
[View Q2 Learning and Skills Minute]
(Members are reminded to inform the Democratic and Scrutiny Services Section by no later than 12 noon on the day of the meeting if they require officer attendance for Performance Monitoring)
13. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
14. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
3rd December, 2013
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Karen Bowen, Tel: 01446 709856
To the Members of the Scrutiny Committee (Lifelong Learning)
Chairman: Councillor N.P. Hodges
Vice-Chairman: Councillor Ms. R. Birch
Councillors: Mrs. M.E.J. Birch, Ms. K. Edmunds, H.C. Hamilton, T.H. Jarvie, F.T. Johnson, A. Parker, R.A. Penrose and E. Williams.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. P. Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Father E. Counsell (Church in Wales).
Dr. C. Brown (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector).
Mr. L. Kellaway (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr. G. Beaudette (Primary).
Mr. D. Treharne (Welsh Medium Education).
Ms. T. Young (Secondary).
Vacant (Free Churches).