Notice of Meeting SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (LIFELONG LEARNING)
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 19TH MAY, 2014 AT 4.00 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Appointment of Vice-Chairman.
[View Appointment of Vice-Chairman Minute]
3. Minutes of the Meeting held on 7th April, 2014.
4. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
[View Declarations of Interest Minute]
5. Review of Library and Information Services in the Vale of Glamorgan – Cabinet: 28th April, 2014.
[View Library Service Minute]
(N.B. Members of the public (not employed or related to an employee of the Library Service) who may wish to address the Committee on the item are requested to contact Mrs. K. Bowen, Democratic and Scrutiny Services Officer (details overleaf) by no later than 4.30 p.m. on Friday, 16th May, 2014 to discuss arrangements.)
[View Representations tabled at meeting]
6. Eagleswell Primary School Inspection Report – Cabinet: 28th April, 2014.
[View Eagleswell Primary School Minute]
7. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
8. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
12th May, 2014
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Karen Bowen, Tel: 01446 709856
To the Members of the Scrutiny Committee (Lifelong Learning)
To Members of the Scrutiny Committee (Lifelong Learning) as appointed at the Annual Meeting on 14th May, 2014
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. P. Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Father E. Counsell (Church in Wales).
Dr. C. Brown (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector).
Mr. L. Kellaway (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr. G. Beaudette (Primary).
Mr. D. Treharne (Welsh Medium Education).
Ms. T. Young (Secondary).
Vacant (Free Churches).