Notice of Meeting SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (LIFELONG LEARNING)
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 23RD JUNE, 2014 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES
N.B. MEMBERS PLEASE NOTE: A VIDEO PRESENTATION MADE FOLLOWING THE INSPECTION OF DINAS POWYS INFANT SCHOOL IS TO BE SHOWN PRIOR TO THE MEETING AT 5.40PM
1. Apologies for Absence.
[View Apologies for Absence Minute]
2. Minutes of the Meeting held on 19th May, 2014.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
[View Declarations of Interest Minute]
4. Good Practice Initiatives – Pauline Rowland, Headteacher of Cogan Nursery School and Julie Thompson, Headteacher of Dinas Powys Infant School.
[View Presentations Minute]
Report of the Chief Learning and Skills Officer –
5. Revenue and Capital Monitoring for the Period 1st April 2014 to 30th April 2014.
[View Revenue and Capital Monitoring Minute]
6. Proposal to Amalgamate Dinas Powys Infant and Murch Junior Schools – Cabinet, 28th April, 2014.
[View Proposal to Amalgamate Schools Minute]
7. Central South Consortium Business Plan – Cabinet: 12th May, 2014.
[View Central South Consortium Business Plan Minute]
8. Local Authority Education Services for Children and Young People Inspection Report: Progress Report – Cabinet: 12th May, 2014.
[View Progress Report Minute]
Report of the Cabinet Member for Children’s Services –
9. Revised School Attendance Policy.
[View Revised School Attendance Policy Minute]
Reports of the Chief Learning and Skills Officer –
10. Individual Schools Progress Meetings – Barry Comprehensive.
[View Individual Schools Progress Meetings Minute]
11. Review of Individual Schools Progress Meetings.
[View Review of Individual Schools Progress Meetings Minute]
12. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
13. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
17th June, 2014
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Karen Bowen, Tel: 01446 709856
To the Members of the Scrutiny Committee (Lifelong Learning)
Chairman: Councillor N.P. Hodges
Vice-Chairman: Councillor Ms. R. Birch
Councillors: Mrs. M.E.J. Birch, Mrs. C.L. Curtis, Ms. K.E. Edmunds, T.H. Jarvie, F.T. Johnson, A. Parker, R.A. Penrose and E. Williams.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. P. Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Father E. Counsell (Church in Wales).
Dr. C. Brown (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector).
Mr. L. Kellaway (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr. G. Beaudette (Primary).
Mr. D. Treharne (Welsh Medium Education).
Ms. T. Young (Secondary).
Vacant (Free Churches).