Notice of Meeting SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (LIFELONG LEARNING)
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 8TH SEPTEMBER, 2014 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Minutes of the Meeting held on 17th July, 2014.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
Call-in (submitted by Councillor K.P. Mahoney)
4. (a) Review of Library and Information Services in the Vale of Glamorgan and
(b) Reference from Cabinet 11th August 2014.
Members of the public (not employed or related to an employee of the Library Service) who may wish to address the Committee on the item are requested to contact Mrs. Karen Bowen – Democratic and Scrutiny Services Officer (details overleaf) by no later than 4.30 p.m. on Friday 5th September, 2014.
Reports of the Director of Learning and Skills –
5. Revenue and Capital Monitoring for the Period 1st April 2014 to 31st July 2014.
6. Learning and Skills End of Year Performance Report 2013/14 and Target Setting 2014/15.
7. Outcome Agreement 2013-2016: End of Year Report for 2013/14.
Report of the Director of Resources –
8. Scrutiny Committees’ Draft Annual Report May 2013 to April 2014.
9. Reshaping services - Cabinet 11th August 2014.
10. Proposal to Amalgamate Ysgol Gyfun Bro Morgannwg and Ysgol Gymraeg Nant Talwg – Cabinet: 14th July, 2014.
11. Adult Community Learning Service Restructure – Cabinet: 14th July, 2014.
[Part I Reference/Report] [Part II Reference]
12. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
13. Adult Community Learning Service Restructure – Cabinet: 14th July, 2014. [Cabinet Report only]
14. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
2nd September, 2014
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Karen Bowen, Tel: 01446 709856
To the Members of the Scrutiny Committee (Lifelong Learning)
Chairman: Councillor N.P. Hodges
Vice-Chairman: Councillor Ms. R. Birch
Councillors: Mrs. M.E.J. Birch, Mrs. C.L. Curtis, Ms. K.E. Edmunds, T.H. Jarvie, F.T. Johnson, A. Parker, R.A. Penrose and E. Williams.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. P. Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Father E. Counsell (Church in Wales).
Dr. C. Brown (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector).
Mr. L. Kellaway (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr. G. Beaudette (Primary).
Mr. D. Treharne (Welsh Medium Education).
Ms. T. Young (Secondary).
Vacant (Free Churches).