Notice of Meeting EXTRAORDINARY SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (LIFELONG LEARNING)
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 22ND SEPTEMBER, 2014 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
Report of the Director of Social Services –
3. Children and Young People Services – Annual Placement Review.
4. Update on Young Carer Services – Scrutiny Committee (Social Care and Health): 14th July, 2014.
5. Children and Young People Services – Commissioning Strategy and Action Plan 2013-2018 – Cabinet: 16th June, 2014.
6. Annual Turnover Report – April 2013 to March 2014 – Scrutiny Committee (Corporate Resources): 24th June, 2014.
Request for Consideration of Matter –
7. Schools in the Vale’s Involvement in the School Swimming Initiative – Councillor Mrs. C.L. Curtis.
Reports of the Director of Learning and Skills -
8. Summary of School Inspection Reports for the Spring Term 2014.
9. Mid-Year School Attendance Report.
10. School and Community Based Counselling Service for Young People.
11. Childcare Sufficiency Assessment 2013/14.
12. Central South Consortium Review and Challenge: Summer 2014.
13. Individual School Progress Meeting.
14. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
15. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
16th September, 2014
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Karen Bowen, Tel: 01446 709856
To the Members of the Scrutiny Committee (Lifelong Learning)
Chairman: Councillor N.P. Hodges
Vice-Chairman: Councillor Ms. R. Birch
Councillors: Mrs. M.E.J. Birch, Mrs. C.L. Curtis, Ms. K.E. Edmunds, T.H. Jarvie, F.T. Johnson, A. Parker, R.A. Penrose and E. Williams.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. P. Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Father E. Counsell (Church in Wales).
Dr. C. Brown (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector).
Mr. L. Kellaway (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr. G. Beaudette (Primary).
Mr. D. Treharne (Welsh Medium Education).
Ms. T. Young (Secondary).
Vacant (Free Churches).