Notice of Meeting SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (LIFELONG LEARNING)
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 13TH OCTOBER, 2014 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Minutes of the Meetings held on 8th and 22nd September, 2014.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
4. (a) Improvement Plan Part 2: Annual Review of Performance 2013/14 – re NEETS (Not in Employment, Education or Training) – Scrutiny Committee (Corporate Resources): 16th September 2014.
(Members are reminded to bring with them their copies of the Improvement Plan previously circulated with the Council Summons for the meeting on 29th September 2014)
4. (b) NEETS Presentation – Overview of Service Performance – Andrew Borsden, Lead Officer, Youth and Community Learning.
[Presentation] [Tabled Information]
5. School Performance Report 2013/14 for the end of Foundation Phase, Key Stage 2 and Key Stage 3 and an Overview of the Literacy and Numeracy Assessments – Cabinet: 6th October 2014.
Reports of the Director of Learning and Skills –
6. Revenue and Capital Monitoring for the period 1st April 2014 to 31st August 2014.
7. Summary of School Inspection Reports for the Summer Term 2014.
Quarterly Performance Monitoring Report – Quarter 1 –
8. Learning and Skills.
(Members are reminded to inform the Democratic and Scrutiny Services Section by no later than 12 noon on the day of the meeting if they require officer attendance for Performance Monitoring)
Report of the Director of Resources –
9. Scrutiny Decision Tracking of Recommendations and Work Programme Schedule 2014/15.
10. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
11. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
7th October, 2014
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Karen Bowen, Tel: 01446 709856
To the Members of the Scrutiny Committee (Lifelong Learning)
Chairman: Councillor N.P. Hodges
Vice-Chairman: Councillor Ms. R. Birch
Councillors: Mrs. M.E.J. Birch, Mrs. C.L. Curtis, Ms. K.E. Edmunds, T.H. Jarvie, F.T. Johnson, A. Parker, R.A. Penrose and E. Williams.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. P. Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Father E. Counsell (Church in Wales).
Dr. C. Brown (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector).
Mr. L. Kellaway (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr. G. Beaudette (Primary).
Mr. D. Treharne (Welsh Medium Education).
Ms. T. Young (Secondary).
Vacant (Free Churches).