Notice of Meeting SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (LIFELONG LEARNING)
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 10th NOVEMBER , 2014 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue YSGOL NANT TALWG, HEOL COLCOT, BARRY, CF62 8YU (MAP ATTACHED)
(N.B. PLEASE NOTE ABOVE THE VENUE FOR THE MEETING. MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE ARE ALSO INVITED TO A TOUR OF THE SCHOOL TO COMMENCE AT 5.30 P.M. BY
MS. MENNA ROBERTS, ASSISTANT HEADTEACHER)
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Minutes of the Meeting held on 13th October, 2014.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
4. Central South Consortium – Hannah Woodhouse, Managing Director – Overview of Service – to be Followed by a Question and Answer Session.
5. School Performance Report for the end of Key Stages 4 and 5 – Reference from Cabinet: 3rd November, 2014.
6. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
7. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
4th November, 2014
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Karen Bowen, Tel: 01446 709856
To the Members of the Scrutiny Committee (Lifelong Learning)
Chairman: Councillor N.P. Hodges
Vice-Chairman: Councillor Ms. R. Birch
Councillors: Mrs. M.E.J. Birch, Mrs. C.L. Curtis, Ms. K.E. Edmunds, T.H. Jarvie, F.T. Johnson, A. Parker, R.A. Penrose and E. Williams.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. P. Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Father E. Counsell (Church in Wales).
Dr. C. Brown (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector).
Mr. L. Kellaway (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr. G. Beaudette (Primary).
Mr. D. Treharne (Welsh Medium Education).
Ms. T. Young (Secondary).
Vacant (Free Churches).