Notice of Meeting SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (LIFELONG LEARNING)
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 16TH MARCH, 2015 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES, HOLTON ROAD, BARRY
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Minutes of the Meeting held on 9th February, 2015.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
Report of the Cabinet Member for Adult Services -
4. Review of Library and Information Services in the Vale of Glamorgan. [View Supplementary Information]
N.B. Members of the public (not employed or related to an employee of the Library Service) who may wish to address the Committee on the item are requested to contact Mrs. K. Bowen (Democratic and Scrutiny Services Officer (details overleaf) by no later than 4.30 p.m. on Friday, 13th March, 2015 to discuss arrangements)
5. Barry Secondary School Transformation - Cabinet: 23rd February, 2015. [View Representations tabled at the meeting]
N.B. Members of the public (not employed or related to an employee or a Governor or related to a Governor of the Schools) who may wish to address the Committee on the item are requested to contact Mrs. K. Bowen (Democratic and Scrutiny Services Officer (details overleaf) by no later than 4.30 p.m. on Friday, 13th March, 2015 to discuss arrangements)
Reports of the Director of Learning and Skills –
6. Revenue and Capital Monitoring for the Period 1st April to 31st January, 2015.
7. Service Plan 2015/19: Learning and Skills.
8. Quarter 3 Performance Monitoring - Learning and Skills.
9. Improvement Plan Part 1 (Improvement Objectives 2015/16).
10. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
11. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
9th March, 2015
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Karen Bowen, Tel: 01446 709856
To the Members of the Scrutiny Committee (Lifelong Learning)
Chairman: Councillor N.P. Hodges
Vice-Chairman: Councillor Ms. R. Birch
Councillors: Mrs. M.E.J. Birch, Mrs. C.L. Curtis, Ms. K.E. Edmunds, T.H. Jarvie, F.T. Johnson, A. Parker, R.A. Penrose and E. Williams.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. P. Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Father E. Counsell (Church in Wales).
Dr. C. Brown (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector).
Mr. L. Kellaway (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr. G. Beaudette (Primary).
Mr. D. Treharne (Welsh Medium Education).
Ms. T. Young (Secondary).
Vacant (Free Churches).