Notice of Meeting SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (LIFELONG LEARNING)
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 14TH MARCH, 2016 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES, BARRY
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Minutes of the Meeting held on 8th February, 2016.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
4. Presentation by Phil Southard, Adult and Community Learning Manager, Cardiff and Vale Community Learning Partnership. [Presentation] [View Journey to Excellence, Watch This Space and Partnership Tutor Newsletter tabled at meeting.]
5. Vale of Glamorgan Council Annual Self-Assessment – Cabinet: 8th February, 2016.
6. Young Carer Services: Update Report - Scrutiny Committee (Social Care and Health): 1st February, 2016.
Reports of the Director of Learning and Skills -
7. Revenue and Capital Monitoring for the Period 1st April to 31st January, 2016.
8. Quarter 3 Learning and Skills Performance Report 2015/16.
(Members are reminded to inform the Democratic and Scrutiny Services Section by no later than 12 noon on the day of the meeting if they require officer attendance for Performance Monitoring)
9. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
10. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
7th March, 2016
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Karen Bowen, Tel: 01446 709856
To the Members of the Scrutiny Committee (Lifelong Learning)
Chairman: Councillor N.P. Hodges;
Vice-Chairman: Councillor R.A. Penrose;
Councillors: Mrs. M.E.J. Birch, Ms. R. Birch, Mrs. C.L. Curtis, Ms. K.E. Edmunds, C.P. Franks, T.H. Jarvie, A. Parker and Mrs. A.J. Preston.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. P. Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Father E. Counsell (Church in Wales).
Dr. C. Brown (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector).
Mr. L. Kellaway (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr. G. Beaudette (Primary).
Mr. D. Treharne (Welsh Medium Education).
Ms. T. Young (Secondary).
Mr. M. Conway (Vale Youth Forum).
Mr N. Want (Vale Youth Forum).
Vacant (Free Churches).