Notice of Meeting SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (SOCIAL CARE AND HEALTH)
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 11TH FEBRUARY, 2013 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COMMITTEE ROOM NO. 2, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Apologies for absence.
[View Apologies for Absence minute]
2. Minutes of a meeting held on 14th January, 2013.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations).
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting.)
4. Presentation from Louise David, Projects Manager, Vibe Experience “Tackling Age Discrimination”.
[View Presentation minute]
Report of the Managing Director –
5. End of Year Performance Report – National Strategic Indicators, Public Accountability Measures, Service Improvement data.
Reports of the Director of Social Services –
6. Revenue and Capital Monitoring for the Period 1st April 2012 to 31st December 2012 and Update on the Social Services Budget Programme.
[View Revenue and Capital Monitoring minute]
7. Delivering the Mental Health (Wales) Measure 2010 to Meet the Needs of Local People.
[View Mental Health (Wales) Measure minute]
8. Autistic Spectrum Disorder: Community Monitoring and Support Project.
[View Autistic Spectrum Disorder minute]
9. Social Services Sickness Absence Update – Half Year April to September 2012.
[View Sickness Absence minute]
10. Sustainable Social Services for Wales: A Framework for Action.
[View Sustainable Social Services minute]
11. Children and Young People Services: Commissioning Strategy and Action Plan 2013-2018.
[View CYPS Commissioning minute]
12. To Consider the question submitted to the Council on 23rd January 2013 pursuant to Council Procedure Rule 8.2: “Will you make a statement regarding the impact of the adverse weather on the delivery of social services?” together with the response thereto.
[View Council Question minute]
13. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
14. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
5th February, 2013
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Chris Hope, Tel: 01446 709855
To the Members of the Scrutiny Committee (Social Care and Health)
Chairman: Councillor R.J. Bertin;
Vice-Chairman: Councillor Mrs. M.E.J. Birch;
Councillors: Ms. R. Birch, Ms. K. Edmunds, K.J. Geary, Dr. I.J. Johnson, A. Parker, Ms. R. Probert, J.W. Thomas and S.T. Wiliam.
Invited for Agenda Item No. 4
Louise David, Vibe Experience, Barry
Invited for Agenda Item No. 11
Councillor C.P.J. Elmore.
Invited for Agenda Item No. 12
Councillor S.C. Egan.