EARLY RETIREMENT/REDUNDANCY COMMITTEE
Minutes of a meeting held on 2nd June, 2014.
Present: Councillors P.J. Clarke, Mrs. P. Drake, S.C. Egan, Mrs. M. Kelly Owen, Mrs. A.J. Moore and C.J. Williams.
39 APPOINTMENT OF CHAIRMAN -
RESOLVED - T H A T Councillor S.C. Egan be appointed Chairman for the ensuing Municipal Year.
40 APPOINTMENT OF VICE-CHAIRMAN -
RESOLVED - T H A T Councillor Mrs. P. Drake be appointed Vice-Chairman for the ensuing Municipal Year.
41 APOLOGY FOR ABSENCE -
This was received from Councillor H.J.W. James.
42 MINUTES -
RESOLVED - T H A T the minutes of the meeting held on 7th April, 2014 be approved as a correct record.
43 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST -
No declarations were received.
44 EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC -
RESOLVED - T H A T under Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act 1972, the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following items of business on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in Part 4 of Schedule 12A (as amended) of the Act, the relevant paragraphs of the Schedule being referred to in brackets after the minute heading.
45 DETERMINATION OF EARLY RETIREMENT/REDUNDANCY - CORPORATE AND CUSTOMER SERVICES DIRECTORATE (EXEMPT INFORMATION - PARAGRAPHS 12, 13 AND 14) (MD) -
The Committee was asked to consider and determine an amendment to the early retirement/redundancy terms in respect of one officer currently employed in the above Directorate which had previously been approved by the Committee at its meeting held on 10th March, 2014.
The Committee was now being asked to approve a change to the effective redundancy date from 1st July, 2014 to 31st March, 2015, the reasons for which were detailed in the report.
Having regard to the above it was
(1) T H A T approval be given to amend the date of redundancy in respect of the employee concerned from 1st July, 2014 to 31st March, 2015.
(2) T H A T all other redundancy terms as previously approved by the Committee at its meeting on 10th March, 2014 remain the same.
Reasons for decisions
(1&2) To reflect the need for the post-holder to remain with the Council in the substantive post for an extended period.
46 DETERMINATION OF REDUNDANCY - DIRECTORATE OF LEARNING AND SKILLS (EXEMPT INFORMATION - PARAGRAPHS 12, 13 AND 14) (DLS) -
Consideration was given to the proposed redundancy of one officer within the Learning and Skills Directorate.
(1) T H A T the redundancy of the officer be approved with effect from 31st August, 2014 or such earlier date as agreed by the Director of Learning and Skills in accordance with Scheme E of the Council’s Early Retirement/Redundancy Policy and a statutory redundancy payment be approved on the grounds of redundancy subject to the officer complying with the Council’s Avoiding Redundancy Procedure and subject to Resolutions (2) and (3) below.
(2) T H A T, should alternative employment be found for the officer, the notice -period be extended to cover any trial period and the date of termination be amended to reflect the extension subject to Resolution (3) below.
(3) T H A T, should any trial period prove successful, the termination date and redundancy payment be revoked.
Reason for decisions
(1-3) To determine the redundancy in line with the Council’s policy.
47 DETERMINATION OF VOLUNTARY EARLY RETIREMENT ON THE GROUNDS OF REDUNDANCY - DIRECTORATE OF DEVELOPMENT SERVICES (EXEMPT INFORMATION - PARAGRAPHS 12, 13 AND 14) (DDS) -
Consideration was given to the proposed voluntary early retirement on the grounds of redundancy of one officer within the Development Services Directorate.
RESOLVED - T H A T the redundancy of the officer be approved with effect from 15th June, 2014 in accordance with Scheme D of the Council’s Early Retirement/ Redundancy Policy and a discretionary redundancy payment be approved on the grounds of redundancy.
Reason for decision
To determine the application for voluntary early retirement in line with the Council’s policy.