Agenda Item No.
THE VALE OF GLAMORGAN COUNCIL
HOMES AND SAFE COMMUNITIES SCRUTINY COMMITTEE: 7 DECEMBER 2016
REFERENCE FROM CABINET: 28 NOVEMBER 2016
C3378 DRAFT SUPPORTING PEOPLE LOCAL COMMISSIONING PLAN 2017-2020 (HSCH) (SCRUTINY COMMITTEE – HOMES AND SAFE COMMUNITIES) -
Cabinet was updated on the progress made to the draft Supporting People Local Commissioning Plan 2017 - 2020 for submission to the Regional Collaborative Committee (RCC) and Welsh Government for the Vale of Glamorgan and Cardiff, and apprised of the Council's indicative allocation of Supporting People Programme Grant for 2017/18 from Welsh Government.
The Supporting People (SP) Programme was the policy and funding framework for delivering housing related support to vulnerable people in different types of accommodation and across all tenures. In accordance with the Welsh Government Guidance for Supporting People, all local authorities were required to develop a rolling three year Local Commissioning Plan, which had to be submitted to the Regional Collaborative Committee for the Vale of Glamorgan and Cardiff.
The development and coordination of the Local Commissioning Plan was undertaken by the Supporting People Local Planning Group (SPLPG) as required by Welsh Government. Membership of the SPLPG was made up of Officers from the Housing Division, Social Services Department, the Wales Probation Service, Cardiff and Vale University Health Board and the Voluntary Sector (the Chair of the Vale Housing and Homelessness Forum).
Attached at Appendix 1 to the report was a copy of the Draft Local Commissioning Plan 2017 - 2020. The final Local Commissioning Plan was required to be submitted to the RCC and Welsh Government by the end of January 2017.
Following the announcement of the Welsh Government draft budget for 2017, local authorities received notification of their indicative Supporting People Programme Grant. All local authorities were told their allocations would remain the same as 2015/6. For the Vale of Glamorgan this meant the budget remained static at £3,466,829.23.
This was a matter for Executive decision
Cabinet, having considered the report and all the issues and implications contained therein
(1) T H A T the draft Supporting People Local Commissioning Plan 2017 - 2020 attached at Appendix 1 to the report be endorsed.
(2) T H A T the report be referred to the Scrutiny Committee Homes and Safe Communities for consideration.
(3) T H A T the draft Supporting People Local Commissioning Plan 2017 - 2020 and comments from the Scrutiny Committee Homes and Safe Communities be referred back to Cabinet for the Final Plan to be agreed.
Reasons for decisions
(1) To endorse the Plan in draft and to note the Council's requirement to comply with the Supporting People Programme Grant (SPPG) Guidance (Wales) July 2012 (Updated June 2013).
(2) To allow the Scrutiny Committee Homes and Safe Communities to consider the draft Supporting People Local Commissioning Plan.
(3) To agree the final plan prior to submission to Welsh Government and the Regional Collaborative Committee.
Attached as Appendix – Report to Cabinet –28 NOVEMBER 2016