Agenda Item No 9
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Audit Committee 26th November 2013
Report from the Head of Accountancy & Resource Management
Information and Action Requests by Committee
Purpose of the Report
1. To summarise for Members the actions and information requests made by the Audit Committee to be followed up by the relevant Officer.
THAT the Committee notes the content of this report to ensure that all actions and requests are recorded and followed up to a satisfactory conclusion.
Reason for the Recommendation
To keep the Audit Committee informed.
2. During the course of Audit Committee meetings, Members may request explanation, further information and / or actions to be taken in order to ensure that all aspects of their core functions are being covered and that they have been fully informed.
3. Although these are recorded within the minutes of the Audit Committee meeting, it is considered prudent to provide a separate log of these in order to demonstrate to Members that all action and information requests are being appropriately addressed.
Relevant Issues and Options
4. In order to assist the Audit Committee in ensuring that due consideration has been given by the Committee to all aspects of their core functions, a list of Information and Action requests together with a position statement for each is attached at Appendix A and covers the period 17th September 2012 to date.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment)
5. None as a direct consequence of this report.
Sustainability and Climate Change Implications
6. None directly from this report
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
7. Provision of an adequate and effective Internal Audit function is a legal requirement under the Accounts and Audit (Wales) Regulations 2005 as amended.
Crime and Disorder Implications
8. Pursuing initiatives to prevent, detect and deter crime is encompassed within the terms of reference under which the audit function operates.
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
9. None as a direct consequence of this report.
10. The work of audit is intended to assist in the achievement of all corporate and service objectives.
Policy Framework and Budget
11. The proposals in this report are in accordance with the policy framework and budget.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
12. No further consultation is proposed.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
13. Corporate Resources.
Helen Smith - Operational Manager - Audit Tel: 01656 754901
External Audit Manager - Grant Thornton UK LLP
Alan Jenkins - Head of Accountancy & Resource Management