Agenda Item No. 5
THE VALE OF GLAMORGAN COUNCIL
AUDIT COMMITTEE: 28TH APRIL 2014
REFERENCE FROM SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (CORPORATE RESOURCES): 21ST JANUARY, 2014
"788 REGULATORY REPORTS – IMPROVEMENT TRACKING (MD) –
The report sought to update the Scrutiny Committee on the above matter since it was last reported to the Committee in September 2013. The report in itself set out the summary of recommendations and proposals which were included in regulatory reports and to track implementation of improvements to address those recommendations / proposals.
Set out in Appendix 1 to the report was a list of all recommendations / proposals made in regulatory reports since January 2011 where recommendations / proposals had not yet been fully implemented. This included:
- WAO Data Quality Review (August 2013) - actions underway.
- Wales Audit Office Information Management Review Feedback (April 2012) - actions not progressing.
- Wales Audit Office Annual Improvement Report (January 2012) - actions completed.
- Wales Audit Office Review of HR and Workforce Planning (November 2011) - actions well underway.
- Wales Audit Office Report on Delivery of Disabled Facilities Grants (November 2011) - actions well underway.
- Wales Audit Office Review of Technology (October 2011) - actions nearing completion.
- Wales Audit Office Annual Improvement Report (January 2011) - actions completed.
The Scrutiny Committee was asked to confirm that those actions that fell within the remit of the Committee that were identified as such had been completed and if agreed to refer the matter to the Audit Committee where they would be removed from the tracking report. Once removed these completed actions would be archived along with the minute reference to maintain a clear audit trail.
(1) T H A T the following actions be agreed as completed:
- WAO Data Quality Review (August 2013) – SCC/001
- WAO Annual Improvement Report (January 2012) (actions 1, 2 and 4)
- WAO Information Management Review (April 2012) (actions 2 and 3)
- WAO Review of HR and Workforce Planning (November 2011) (action 1)
- WAO report on Delivery of Disabled Facilities Grant (November 2011) (actions 3, 4 and 5).
(2) T H A T the Data Quality Review (August 2013) action 3 L978A be agreed to be deleted.
(3) T H A T the matter be referred to the Audit Committee for further consideration.
Reason for recommendations
(1-3) In order to achieve continuous improvement of Council services."
Attached as Appendix – Report to Scrutiny Committee (Corporate Resources): 21st January 2014