Agenda Item No
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Cabinet: 19th October, 2011
Report of the Leader
Timetable of Meetings: May 2012 - May 2013
Purpose of the Report
1. To consider a draft timetable of meetings for the period May 2012 - May 2013.
That the timetable of meetings for May 2012 - May 2013, as set out in Appendix A be approved, subject to any future changes in arrangements for meetings deemed appropriate by the Mayor of the Council or the relevant Committee Chairman.
Reasons for the Recommendations
To approve/publish a calendar of meetings for the 2012/13 municipal year.
2. The current timetable of meetings expires with the Annual Meeting on 23rd May, 2012. Members are required, therefore, to consider a draft timetable for the ensuing municipal year.
Relevant Issues and Options
3. In most respects, the draft timetable reflects current arrangements. As in previous years, various recesses have been incorporated during August, October and at Christmas and Easter. As a result of the recesses, on occasions, cycles will vary and/or more than one meeting will occur on the same day. Arrangements for meetings of the Welsh Church Act Estate and Trust Committee will be dealt with separately. Members are also asked to note that officers are currently working on dates/content for the Member Development/Induction programme which will commence immediately after the elections on 3rd May, 2012.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment and Climate Change, if appropriate)
4. There are no direct implications as a result of the report.
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
Crime and Disorder Implications
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
8. The preparation of a draft calendar of meetings is an internal issue.
Policy Framework and Budget
9. This is a matter for Executive decision.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
10. No consultation with Ward Members is required.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
11. Corporate Resources.
Jeff Wyatt, Operational Manager (Democratic Services) (tel: 01446 709408)
Operational Manager (Corporate Policy and Communication);
Operational Manager (Democratic Services)
John Maitland Evans