Agenda Item No
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Cabinet Meeting: 4 January 2012
Report of the Leader
Cabinet Forward Work Programme January to April 2012
Purpose of the Report
1. To inform members of the Forward Work Programme of the Cabinet / Council for the period January to April 2012, and highlight to Cabinet those reports still to be received from the previous Forward Work Programme covering September to December 2011.
1. THAT the Cabinet Forward Work Programme for the period January to April 2012 be noted.
2. THAT Cabinet considers the reasons supplied by officers for the non – submission of the items from the previous Forward Work Programme September to December 2011.
Reasons for the Recommendations
(1 & 2) To comply with the requirements of the Local Government Act 2000, subordinate legislation and the Council's Constitution.
2. In accordance with the provisions of the Local Government Act 2000 and the Council’s Constitution, the Forward Work Programme attached as Appendix (A), sets out matters which the Executive and Full Council are likely to consider during January to April 2012. Appendix (B) highlights those reports that were not submitted to Cabinet from the previous Forward Work Programme with the reasons for non-submission supplied by officers. Appendix (C) is a summary report on the last Forward Work Programme.
3. Future work programmes will be prepared to cover periods of four months and will be updated quarterly, on a rolling basis, to maximise the opportunity for consultation and dialogue.
4. The Forward Work Programme shall contain information on:
· The timetable for considering the budget and any plans forming part of the Policy Framework and requiring Council approval, and which body is to consider them.
· The timetable for considering any plans which are the responsibility of the Executive.
· Any individual matters the Executive intends to consult in advance of taking any decision and the timetable for consultation and decision.
· The work programme of the scrutiny committee, to the extent that it is known.
Relevant Issues and Options
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment)
6. There are no direct implications as a result of the report.
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
7. The preparation/publication of Forward Work Programmes complies with the requirements of the Local Government Act 2000, subordinate legislation and the Council’s Constitution.
Crime and Disorder Implications
8. There are no direct implications as a result of this report.
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
10. The publication of a Forward Work Programme is an important element of the Council meeting its corporate/service objectives and maximising consultation with interested parties.
Policy Framework and Budget
11. This report is a matter for Executive decision by the Cabinet.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
12. Consultation with Scrutiny and other Committee is indicated in the Programme.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
13. Corporate Resources
Local Government Act 2000
Council Consultation: October 2002
Mark Petherick (Cabinet Officer)
Corporate Management Team
John Maitland Evans