Agenda Item No
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Cabinet: 30th May 2012
Report of the Leader
Timetable of Meetings: May 2012 - May 2013
Purpose of the Report
1. To consider proposed amendments to the timetable of meetings for the period May 2012 - May 2013 following the Local Government elections on 3rd May and the subsequent change in the political administration of the Council.
That the timetable of meetings for May 2012 - May 2013, as set out in Appendix A, be approved, subject to any future changes in arrangements for meetings deemed appropriate by the Mayor of the Council or the relevant Committee Chairman.
Reason for the Recommendation
To approve / publish a calendar of meetings for the 2012/13 municipal year.
2. The current timetable of meetings was approved by the former Cabinet at its meeting held on 19th October 2011. Members are required, therefore, to consider changes to the timetable for the ensuing municipal year which solely relate to Cabinet meeting dates requested by the Leader.
Relevant Issues and Options
3. As in previous years, various recesses have been incorporated during August, October and at Christmas and Easter. As a result of the recesses, on occasions, cycles will vary and / or more than one meeting will occur on the same day. Arrangements for meetings of the Welsh Church Act Estate and Trust Committees will be dealt with separately.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment and Climate Change, if appropriate)
4. There are no direct implications as a result of the report.
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
Crime and Disorder Implications
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
8. The preparation of a draft calendar of meetings is an internal issue.
Policy Framework and Budget
9. This is a matter for Executive decision.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
10. No consultation with Ward Members is required.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
11. Corporate Resources.
Jeff Rees, Principal Democratic and Scrutiny Services Officer, Tel: (01446) 709413
Operational Manager (Democratic Services).
John Maitland Evans, Chief Executive