Agenda Item No
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Cabinet Meeting: 25th June 2012
Report of the Leader
Capital Monitoring Report for the period 1st April to 31st May 2012
Purpose of the Report
1. To advise Cabinet of the progress on the 2012/13 Capital Programme for the period 1st April 2012 to 31st May 2012 .
1. That Members note the latest position on the 2012/13 Capital Programme
Reasons for the Recommendations
1. That Members are aware of the latest progress on the Capital Programme
2. Council on the 7th March 2012, minute number C950, approved the proposed capital programme for 2012/13.
Relevant Issues and Options
3. Appendix 1 details financial progress on the Capital Programme as at 31st May 2012.
4. Profiled expenditure has been requested from all Project Managers, though not all have at this time been received. All data received is included in appendix 1.
5. Members should be aware that appendix 1 does not include requests for unspent committed expenditure to be slipped from 2011/12 into 2012/13. A request for this slippage will be included in the Closing Down report presented to a future Cabinet meeting.
6. For all schemes where it is evident that the full year's budget will not be spent during the year, the relevant officers are required to provide an explanation for the shortfall and this shall be taken to the earliest available Cabinet
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment and Climate Change, if appropriate)
7. There are no direct financial implications of this report
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
8. There are no legal implications.
Crime and Disorder Implications
9. There are no crime and disorder implications
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
10. There are no equal opportunity implications
11. Effective monitoring assists in the provision of accurate and timely information to officers and Members and in particular allows services to better manage their resources
Policy Framework and Budget
12. This report is a matter for Executive decision by the Cabinet.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
13. Each Scrutiny Committee will receive a monitoring report on their respective areas. This report does not require Ward Member consultation.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
Laura Davis, Senior Accountant, Tel. no. 01446 709249
The Directors of Social Services, Environmental and Economic Regeneration and Legal, Public Protection and Housing Services and the Head of Strategic Planning & Performance (Learning and Development).
Director of Finance, ICT and Property