Agenda Item No
MATTER WHICH THE CHAIRMAN HAS DECIDED IS URGENT BY REASON OF THE NEED TO CONSIDER THIS DEFERRED MATTER PROIR TO THE RECESS.
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Cabinet Meeting 30 July 2012
Report of the Leader and Cabinet Member for Corporate Resources
Community Action Self Help (CASH) Scheme 2012/13
Purpose of the Report
1. To seek the views of Cabinet on the awarding of further CASH grants.
1. That further grants be approved as set out at Appendix "A" to this report.
Reasons for the Recommendations
1. To progress grants in accordance with the approved scheme.
2. The Community Action Self Help Scheme (C.A.S.H.) provides funding to Town and Community Councils to undertake capital schemes of their choice within their own area. This is an important feature of the Council’s aims to work in partnership with Town and Community Councils and to target resources to all communities within the Vale.
3. Technical assistance from officers is available to Town and Community Councils during the design and implementation of their schemes. The C.A.S.H. scheme continues to be very popular with all concerned.
4. This matter was previously considered and deferred at the meeting of Cabinet on the 9th July 2012, minute C1761 refers
Relevant Issues and Options
5. The report sets out at appendix "A" further applications received this year and the grants recommended in respect of each.
6. The schemes Conditions and Criteria is set out at Appendix “B” to this report. When approving grant applications, Cabinet should ensure that the relevant grant criteria are being met and the purposes for which the grants are awarded are in accordance with the Council’s priorities.
7. Grants are limited to a ceiling of £15,000 for any one Community or Town Council and satisfactory quotations must be obtained. In addition, the Council will need to be satisfied that the Community / Town Council is able to meet all future revenue costs.
8. It has not been possible for the applicants to fully comply with the need for full details and quotations at this stage. Any grants allocated are "in principle only". Only when conditions are met will final approval be issued for work to begin on a scheme.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment)
9. £50,000 has been included in the 2012/13 Capital Programme for the CASH grant scheme of which grants amounting to £28,000 have previously been approved this year. The value of grants recommended for approval in this report amount to £3,000.
10. The responsibility for approving the allocations has been delegated to the Director of Finance, ICT & Property in consultation with the Cabinet Member.
Sustainability and Climate Change Implications
11. This are no sustainability and climate change implications arising out of this report
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
12. It is a condition of the CASH scheme that the Town or Community Council is responsible for ensuring that works are undertaken in accordance with current health and safety legislation and that sufficient insurance cover is obtained prior to the commencement of works.
Crime and Disorder Implications
13. There are no crime and disorder Implications arising out of this report.
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
14. There are no equal opportunities implications arising out of this report.
15. Funding support to Community and Town Council's is in accordance with the Council's corporate objectives.
Policy Framework and Budget
16. This is a matter for executive decision.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
17. No consultation has taken place.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
18. Corporate Resources
Grant application forms and supporting paperwork.
Mr AD Williams
Finance, ICT & Property
Tel: 01446 709250
Director of Finance, ICT & Property