Agenda Item No
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Cabinet 30 July 2012
Report of the Leader
Draft Improvement Plan 2012/13
Purpose of the Report
1. To present the draft Improvement Plan 2012/13, which contains performance and improvement information for all directorates and Corporate Plan priorities.
1. That Cabinet endorses the Improvement Plan for 2012/13 as currently drafted;
2. That Cabinet authorises the Managing Director in consultation with the Leader to finalise the plan;
3. That the final plan be submitted to scrutiny committees for consideration and then return to Cabinet for final approval.
Reasons for the Recommendations
1. to ensure that actions are taken to improve services;
2. to agree the plan for external audit within required timescales;
3. to agree the plan for external audit within required timescales.
2. The Council published its previous Improvement Plan, as required by the Local Government Act 1999, in October 2011. The Welsh Government has enacted the Local Government (Wales) Measure 2009, which amends the previous legislation and includes the achievement of continuous improvement as a statutory duty for local authorities.
3. The Plan is looking back at performance in 2011/12 financial year. The majority of the information contained within the Plan is based on the Corporate Plan and departmental service plans which were discussed by Scrutiny Committees from January - March. New Improvement Objectives for 2012/13 were agreed by Cabinet on 18 April 2012, as required by the Measure.
Relevant Issues and Options
4. The plan attached at appendix 1 incorporates information published in the Council's Corporate Plan and departmental service plans. It also incorporates performance information (data and text) providing a look back over 2011/12. This performance information will be used by the Wales Audit Office to assess the Council’s ability to improve, and therefore is of critical importance to the reputation of the Council.
5. The plan is continually evolving as information is provided, and is not yet fully completed. For example, comparative information (required by the Measure) will not be available until September. All sections that require further information are highlighted.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment)
6. The costs of producing the Plan and publishing a bilingual summary (as required by the Measure) in October are met through existing budgets. The Plan and summary are published on-line, and a small number of summary documents are available for members of the public in local libraries. No hard copies of the Plan itself are now produced, unless requested by an elected member or a member of the public.
Sustainability and Climate Change Implications
7. The Improvement Plan reflects the Community Strategy, the Corporate plan and Service Plans. Each of these documents individually reflects sustainability issues.
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
8. The Improvement Plan is a statutory duty under the Local Government (Wales) Measure 2009.
Crime and Disorder Implications
9. The Plan includes improvement actions and targets with respect to the community safety and youth offending functions.
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
10. The Plan provides a statement of the Council’s proposed actions in relation to equalities objectives. The summary document provides members of the public with an opportunity to become aware of the Council’s performance and will be produced bilingually.
11. The plan provides information on all the improvement objectives outlined in the Improvement Plan (part 1) 2012/13.
Policy Framework and Budget
12. The Improvement Plan forms a part of the Policy Framework and is required to be endorsed by Council.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
13. All scrutiny committees will be consulted.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
Local Government (Wales) Measure 2009
Reforming the Wales Programme for Improvement - Guidance to Local Authorities 2010
Corporate Plan 2010/2014
Vale of Glamorgan Community Strategy 2011 - 2021
Beverly Noon 01446 709746
All relevant officers have been consulted on the contents of this report:
Heads of Service
John Maitland Evans, Chief Executive