Agenda Item No
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Cabinet: 17th September, 2012
Report of the Leader
Representation on Standing Advisory Council on Religious Education (SACRE)
Purpose of the Report
1. To appoint a representative to the Standing Advisory Council on Religious Education (SACRE) following the resignation of one of the Council's existing representatives appointed by Cabinet.
That Cabinet appoint a Member to fill the existing vacancy on SACRE.
Reason for the Recommendation
To maintain the Council's eligible level of representation.
2. At Cabinet on 30th May Councillors C.P.J. Elmore, Ms. B.E. Brooks, G. John, F.T. Johnson, Mrs. A.J. Preston and E. Williams were appointed as the Council's representatives.
Relevant Issues and Options
3. Since the above appointments were made, Councillor Mrs. Preston has indicated that she is unable to carry out the appointment. Cabinet on 30th July, 2012 considered the appointment of a replacement in order that the Council's level of representation to which it is entitled is maintained. It was resolved that nominations be sought from the political group leaders. As a result, Councillors Moore, John and Penrose have indicated they do not wish to nominate a representative. Councillor Thomas, on behalf of the Conservative Group, has nominated Councillor Mrs. Kelly Owen and the Leader of the Plaid Cymru Group, Councillor Franks, wishes to nominate himself.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment)
4. There are no direct implications arising from this report.
Sustainability and Climate Change Implications
5. There are no direct implications arising from this report.
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
6. There are no direct implications arising from this report.
Crime and Disorder Implications
7. There are no direct implications arising from this report.
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
8. There are no direct implications arising from this report.
9. There are no direct implications arising from this report.
Policy Framework and Budget
10. This is an Executive function.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
11. No consultation has been necessary.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
12. Corporate Resources.
Jeff Wyatt, Operational Manager - Democratic Services, Tel: 01446 709508
No consultation has been necessary.