Agenda Item No
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Cabinet Meeting 29 February 2012
Report of the Leader
Community Action Self Help (CASH) Revenue Grants
The Queen's Diamond Jubilee 2012
Purpose of the Report
1. To seek the views of Cabinet on the award of grants as above.
1. The sum to be made available to each Town / Community Council for Jubilee CASH funding be up to £200, subject to match funding by each of the Council's themselves and the Director of Finance ICT & Property in consultation with the Leader be given delegated powers to approve specific projects.
Reasons for the Recommendations
1. To encourage and assist Town / Community Council's in arranging events and / or features to mark The Queen's Diamond Jubilee.
2. To mark 60 year's of The Queen's reign the Diamond Jubilee will take place in 2012. The celebrations will centre around an extended weekend on 2, 3, 4 and 5 June.
3. The Community Action Self Help Scheme (CASH) provides funding to Town / Community Council's to encourage and assist them in arranging projects or other events within their own area.
Relevant Issues and Options
4. It is proposed that Community / Town Council's be offered a grant of up to £200 each for the purpose as above, subject to them providing at least match funding themselves. The grant to be of a fixed sum with the Council's being responsible for any further costs should they arise.
5. The responsibility for approving specific projects for CASH funding has been delegated to the Director of Finance, ICT & Property in consultation with the relevant Cabinet Member.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment and Climate Change, if appropriate)
6. Financial provision has been made for grants within the policy revenue budget. The anticipated cost of this grant would be £5,200.
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
7. There are no direct legal implications arising from this report.
Crime and Disorder Implications
8. There are no crime and disorder implications arising out of this report.
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
9. There are no equal opportunities implications arising out of this report.
10. The proposals are in accordance with the Council's corporate priorities.
Policy Framework and Budget
11. This is a matter for decision by the Cabinet.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
12. No consultation has taken place.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
13. Corporate Resources
Mr AD Williams
Finance, ICT & Property
Tel: 01446 709250
Director of Finance, ICT & Property