Agenda Item No
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Cabinet Meeting: 21 January, 2013
Report of the Leader
Timetable of Meetings: May 2013 - May 2014
Purpose of the Report
1. To consider a draft timetable of meetings for the period May 2013 - May 2014.
That the timetable of meetings for May 2013 - May 2014, as set out in Appendix A be approved, subject to any future changes in arrangements for meetings deemed appropriate by the Mayor of the Council or the relevant Committee Chairman.
Reason for the Recommendation
To approve / publish a calendar of meetings for the 2013/14 municipal year.
2. The current timetable of meetings expires with the Annual Meeting on 15th May, 2013. Members are required, therefore, to consider a draft timetable for the ensuing municipal year.
Relevant Issues and Options
3. In most respects, the draft timetable reflects current arrangements. As in previous years, various recesses have been incorporated during August, October and at Christmas and Easter. As a result of the recesses, on occasions, cycles will vary and / or more than one meeting will occur on the same day. Arrangements for meetings of the Welsh Church Act Estate and Trust Committees will be dealt with separately.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment)
4. There are no direct implications as a result of the report.
Sustainability and Climate Change Implications
5. There are no direct implications as a result of the report.
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
Crime and Disorder Implications
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
9. The preparation of a draft calendar of meetings is an internal issue.
Policy Framework and Budget
10. This is a matter for Executive decision.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
11. No consultation with Ward Members is required.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
12. Corporate Resources.
Jeff Wyatt, Operational Manager (Democratic Services), Tel: (01446) 709408
Head of Accountancy and Resources Management
Siân Davies, Managing Director