Matter which the Chairman has decided is urgent in order to be considered with the Service Plans on the Agenda for 8th May 2013
Agenda Item No.
THE VALE OF GLAMORGAN COUNCIL
CABINET: 8TH MAY, 2013
REFERENCE FROM SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (ECONOMY AND ENVIRONMENT): 16TH APRIL, 2013
“ SERVICE PLAN – DIRECTORATE OF VISIBLE SERVICES AND HOUSING (DVSH) –
It was noted that the Visible Services draft service plan had been previously reported to the Scrutiny Committee in 2012 due to the fact that the service area had been part of a pilot project under the new service planning arrangements.
The report highlighted that Visible Services comprised a group of four interlinked service areas:
· Waste Management and Cleansing
· Parks and Grounds Maintenance
· Highways and Engineering
· Vehicle Maintenance and Fleet Management.
The Housing element of the Directorate would be addressed in a service plan to be reported to the Housing and Public Protection Scrutiny Committee.
Following consideration of the plans Members made reference to the request for consideration that had been discussed earlier in the meeting in respect of “Banning Dogs from Vale Play Areas” , and subsequently
(1) T H A T Cabinet be requested to increase the priority under Objective 2, in the action plan at page 43, “to review options for the introduction of “Dog Control Orders” within the Vale of Glamorgan” from a low priority to a medium priority.
(2) T H A T not withstanding recommendation (1) above the service plan and action plan be endorsed
Reasons for recommendations
(1) In recognition of the discussions that had taken place earlier in the meeting under the Request for Consideration to Ban Dogs from Vale Play Areas.
(2) Having been considered by the Committee.”