Agenda Item No.
THE VALE OF GLAMORGAN COUNCIL
CABINET: 17TH JUNE, 2013
REFERENCE FROM SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (LIFELONG LEARNING) – 23RD MAY, 2013
â€œ SUMMARY OF SCHOOL INSPECTION REPORTS FOR THE SPRING TERM 2013 (CLSO) –
Committee received feedback on two schools in the Vale of Glamorgan namely Peterston-Super-Ely C/W Primary and Dinas Powys Infants School. It was noted that the schools had been inspected during the Spring term 2013 and a summary of the investigation findings were appended to the report.
The report highlighted that at Peterston-Super-Ely Primary the current performance and prospects for improvement were good and for Dinas Powys the current performance was noted as excellent and prospects for improvement good.
(1) T H A T the Scrutiny Committee notes with great pleasure the results of the inspections and the Chairman writes on behalf of the Committee to the Schools expressing congratulations and thanks for the good work.
(2) T H A T the good practice identified as excellent be shared with the Scrutiny Committee and with other schools in the Vale as soon as practicable.
(3) T H A T the report be referred to Cabinet for consideration and / or information.
Reasons for recommendations
(1) In noting the results of the inspection.
(2) To enable good practice to be shared.
(3) For Cabinet consideration.â€
Attached as Appendix - Report to Scrutiny Committee (Lifelong Learning): 23rd May 2013