Agenda Item No
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Cabinet Meeting: 15 July 2013
Report of the Leader
Grants to Community/Voluntary Organisations 2013/14
Purpose of the Report
1. To seek approval of Cabinet on the award of grants from the 2013/14 corporate revenue budget.
1. That grants be awarded as set out at appendix "A" to this report.
Reasons for the Recommendations
1. To award grants in accordance with the approved scheme.
2. Local community / voluntary organisations have, as in previous years, been invited to apply for this funding. Previous year's applicants were automatically sent application packs, and the availability of this funding was advertised on the Council's web site and also in local newspapers.
Relevant Issues and Options
3. The report sets out at Appendix "A" the applications for consideration and the recommended grant in respect of each.
4. The schemes Eligibility Criteria and Decision Criteria are set out at Appendix "B" to the report in order that Cabinet can ensure that the criteria are being met and that the grants are awarded in accordance with the Council's priorities.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment)
5. Financial provision has been made within the corporate policy revenue budget 2013/14. The total of grants recommended in this report amount to £55,550.
Sustainability and Climate Change Implications
6. There are no sustainability and climate change implications arising out of this report.
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
7. There are no direct legal implications arising from this report.
Crime and Disorder Implications
8. The funding of the voluntary sector should assist in increasing social inclusion and reducing crime.
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
9. The core eligibility criteria provided to all applicants provides that all organisations seeking funding must actively promote equal opportunities in their operations and service delivery.
10. Applicants are asked to indicate which of the corporate priorities of the Council their application addresses.
Policy Framework and Budget
11. This is a matter for Executive decision.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
12. Since the proposals are within the Policy Framework and Budget, no further consultation beyond that indicated in the report has taken place.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
13. Corporate Resources
Grant application forms.
Finance, ICT & Property
Tel: 01446 709250
Head of Business Management & Innovation, Social Services;Principal Youth Officer, Lifelong Learning; Operational Manager, Leisure & Tourism; Operational Manager Corporate Policy & Communications; Arts Development Officer; Operational Manager, Visible Services & Housing Services; Works Manager, Visible Services; Operational Manager Countryside & Economic Projects.