Agenda Item No
THE VALE OF GLAMORGAN COUNCIL
CABINET: 29TH JULY, 2013
REFERENCE FROM SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (LIFELONG LEARNING): 24TH JUNE, 2013
" CENTRAL SOUTH CONSORTIUM JOINT EDUCATION SERVICE PROGRESS REPORT: MAY 2013 (CLSO) –
Committee were provided with an update detailing the progress achieved by the Consortium and key issues to be addressed.
The Central South Consortium comprises Cardiff, Bridgend, Merthyr Tydfil, Rhondda Cynon Taff and Vale of Glamorgan Councils. The Joint Education Service was established in September to undertake a range of school improvement activities including statutory functions, on behalf of the Council.
Work was underway to develop arrangements for the joint scrutiny of the Central South Consortium Joint Education Service by the five Councils. These arrangements were likely to mean that in the future scrutiny of the Central South Consortium Joint Education Service was undertaken by the new Joint Scrutiny Committee rather than by this Committee. A further report would be brought to this Committee in due course.
(1) T H A T the contents of the report be noted.
(2) T H A T the report be referred to the Cabinet for information.
(3) T H A T progress on the Joint Scrutiny meetings of the Joint Education Service be reported to this Committee.
Reasons for recommendations
(1) The Central South Consortium Joint Education Service carries out a range of school improvement functions on behalf of the Council and good progress is essential for local children and schools.
(2) For the information of Cabinet.
(3) To be advised of progress on the Joint Scrutiny meetings of the Joint Education Service."
Attached as Appendix - Report to Scrutiny Committee (Lifelong Learning): 24th June, 2013