Agenda Item No
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Cabinet Meeting: 15 December, 2014
Report of the Leader
Cabinet Forward Work Programme - January to April 2015
Purpose of the Report
1. To inform members of the Forward Work Programme of the Cabinet / Council for the period January to April 2015.
1. THAT Cabinet agree the Cabinet Forward Work Programme for the period January to April 2015.
Reasons for the Recommendations
1. To comply with the requirements of the Local Government Act 2000, subordinate legislation and the Council's Constitution.
2. In considering a report on Pre Cabinet Decision Scrutiny on the 23rd of July 2012 cabinet resolved;
''T H A T the Cabinet Forward Work Programmes be produced in a format that specifically indicated which items were to be subject to pre-Cabinet decision scrutiny and, if considered appropriate, public consultation''.
3. The adoption of such arrangements met with good practice as such an arrangement provided Cabinet with a wider perspective from which to subsequently consider and determine matters. However, there would be instances when it was not practicable to engage the scrutiny process prior to a matter going before Cabinet
4. In accordance with the provisions of the Local Government Act 2000 and the Council’s Constitution, the Cabinet Forward Work Programme attached as Appendix (A), sets out matters which the Executive and Full Council are likely to consider during January to April 2015.
5. Future work programmes will be prepared to cover periods of four months and will be updated quarterly, on a rolling basis, to maximise the opportunity for consultation and dialogue.
6. The Forward Work Programme shall contain information on:
· The timetable for considering the budget and any plans forming part of the Policy Framework and requiring Council approval, and which body is to consider them.
· The timetable for considering any plans which are the responsibility of the Executive.
· Any individual matters from the Executive intends to consult in advance of taking any decision and the timetable for consultation and decision.
· The work programme of the scrutiny committee, to the extent that it is known.
Relevant Issues and Options
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment)
8. There are no direct implications as a result of the report.
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
9. The preparation/publication of Forward Work Programmes complies with the requirements of the Local Government Act 2000, subordinate legislation and the Council’s Constitution.
Crime and Disorder Implications
10. There are no direct implications as a result of this report.
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
12. The publication of a Forward Work Programme is an important element of the Council meeting its corporate/service objectives and maximising consultation with interested parties.
Policy Framework and Budget
13. This report is a matter for Executive decision.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
14. Consultation with Scrutiny and other Committee is indicated in the Programme.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
15. All Scrutiny Committees.
Local Government Act 2000
Council Consultation: October 2002
Mark Petherick (Cabinet Officer)
Corporate Management Team