Agenda Item No
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Cabinet Meeting: 23 February, 2015
Report of the Leader
Timetable of Meetings: May 2015 - May 2016
Purpose of the Report
1. To consider a draft timetable of meetings for the period May 2015 - May 2016.
1. That the timetable of meetings for May 2015 - May 2016, as set out in Appendix A be approved, subject to any future changes in arrangements for meetings deemed appropriate by the Mayor of the Council or the relevant Committee Chairman.
Reason for the Recommendation
1. To approve / publish a calendar of meetings for the 2015/16 municipal year.
2. The current timetable of meetings expires with the Annual Meeting on 13th May, 2015. Members are required, therefore, to consider a draft timetable for the ensuing municipal year.
Relevant Issues and Options
3. In most respects, the draft timetable reflects current arrangements. As in previous years, various recesses have been incorporated during August, October and at Christmas and Easter. As a result of the recesses, and taking into account other Bank Holidays and school holidays, on occasions, cycles will vary and / or more than one meeting will occur on the same day. Arrangements for meetings of the Welsh Church Act Estate and Trust Committees will be dealt with separately.
4. The Council Meetings in May 2015 and May 2016 have been moved to a Tuesday as the Wednesday would be the night before an election.
5. The Planning Committee Meeting in May 2015 has been set back a week as it falls on the day of the General Election.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment)
6. There are no direct implications as a result of the report.
Sustainability and Climate Change Implications
7. There are no direct implications as a result of the report.
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
Crime and Disorder Implications
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
11. The preparation of a draft calendar of meetings is an internal issue.
Policy Framework and Budget
12. This is a matter for Executive decision.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
13. No consultation with Ward Members is required.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
14. Corporate Resources.
Jeff Wyatt, Operational Manager (Democratic Services), Tel: (01446) 709408
Head of Finance.
Siân Davies, Managing Director