Agenda Item No
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Cabinet Meeting: 09 March, 2015
Report of the Leader
Grants to Community / Voluntary Organisations 2015/16
Purpose of the Report
1. To seek Cabinet's approval in the awarding of a grant from the 2015/16 corporate revenue budget.
1. That a grant be awarded to Cowbridge Charter Trust of £1,320 for 2015/16 and £752 for 2016/17 and 2017/18.
Reasons for the Recommendations
1. To enable works to be carried out to the Cowbridge Town Wall.
2. A grant application has been received from Cowbridge Charter Trust (CCT) in respect of works to the Cowbridge Town Wall.
Relevant Issues and Options
3. Following a partial collapse of the Town Wall in 2008, the Authority made a grant of £60,000 to CCT who administered the works to return the Town Wall to a safe and attractive condition.
4. CCT has submitted an application for a grant to enable maintenance of the Town Wall to be undertaken which had previously been met from other sources that are now no longer available.
5. A three year grant is requested, 2015/16 - £1,320 and £752 for 2016/17 and 2017/18. The grant will need to be reviewed at the end of the three years.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment)
6. Financial provision has been made within the corporate policy revenue budget 2015/16.
Sustainability and Climate Change Implications
7. There are no sustainability and climate change implications arising out of this report.
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
8. There are no direct legal implications arising from this report.
Crime and Disorder Implications
9. There are no crime and disorder implications.
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
10. Organisations must actively promote equal opportunities in their operations and service delivery.
11. Contributes to safe and healthy communities.
Policy Framework and Budget
12. This is a matter for Executive decision.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
13. Since the proposals are within the Policy Framework and Budget, no further consultation is required.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
14. Corporate Resources
Finance, ICT & Property
Tel: 01446 709252