Agenda Item No
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Cabinet Meeting: 23 March, 2015
Report of the Leader
Grants to Community/Voluntary Organisations
Purpose of the Report
1. To seek Cabinet's approval in the awarding of a grant from the corporate revenue budget.
1. That a grant be awarded to St Donats Arts Centre of £30K in 2015/16, £25K in 2016/17 and £20K in 2017/18.
2. That a grant be awarded to Vale of Glamorgan Festival of £10K in 2015/16, 2016/17 and 2017/18.
3. That a grant be awarded to YMCA £3.2K for Ground Rent in 2015/16, 2016/17 and 2017/18.
Reasons for the Recommendations
1. To enable the delivery of a year round programme of professional and community arts activity for the public at St Donats Art Centre.
2. To enable the delivery of a programme of events at a number of venues across the Vale of Glamorgan as part of the Vale of Glamorgan Festival.
3. To enable the YMCA to continue to fund the ground rent chargeable on the site
2. Grant applications have been received from St Donats Art Centre and the Vale of Glamorgan Festival in respect of delivery of a programme of activities and events.
Relevant Issues and Options
3. St Donats Art Centre received an allocation of £35K grant funding from the Council in 2012/13, 2013/14 and 2014/15. The Vale of Glamorgan Festival received an allocation of £11.5K grant funding from the Council in 2012/13, 2013/14 and 2014/15.
4. The YMCA received £3.2K for Ground Rent in 2012/13, 2013/14 and 2014/15.
5. St Donats Art Centre and the Vale of Glamorgan Festival have submitted applications for funding over the next three years.
6. It is proposed that funding to St Donats Art Centre is awarded at £30K in 2015/16 and £25K in 2016/17 and £20K in 2017/18.
7. It is proposed that a grant be awarded to Vale of Glamorgan Festival for £10K in 2015/16, 2016/17 and 2017/18.
8. It is proposed that a grant be awarded to YMCA for £3.2K in 2015/16, 2016/17 and 2017/18.
9. The grants will normally be paid half yearly in April and October of each financial year.
10. The grants will need to be reviewed at the end of the three years.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment)
11. Financial provision has been made within the corporate policy revenue budget in 2015/16, 2016/17 and 2017/18.
Sustainability and Climate Change Implications
12. There are no sustainability and climate change implications arising out of this report.
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
13. There are no direct legal implications arising from this report.
Crime and Disorder Implications
14. There are no crime and disorder implications.
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
15. Organisations must actively promote equal opportunities in their operations and service delivery.
16. Contributes to Health Social Care and Wellbeing.
Policy Framework and Budget
17. This is a matter for Executive decision.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
18. Since the proposals are within the Policy Framework and Budget, no further consultation is required.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
19. Corporate Resources
Finance, ICT & Property
Tel: 01446 709152