Agenda Item No
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Cabinet Meeting: 23 March, 2015
Report of the Leader
Grants to Voluntary Organisations 2015/16
Purpose of the Report
1. To seek approval of Cabinet on the award of a grant from the 2015/16 corporate revenue budget.
1. That a grant of £116,500 be made to Vale Centre for Voluntary Services (VCVS) for the 2015/16 financial year.
Reasons for the Recommendations
1. To award monies to assist a voluntary organisation.
2. The Authority has previously awarded a 3 year grant of £84,000 per annum to VCVS and £32,500 per annum to the Vale Volunteer Bureau (VVB) which both expire on the 31st March 2015.
Relevant Issues and Options
3. The Authority needs to consider how to move forward in respect of these grants.
4. The two separate organisations are proposing to be merged by the 1st July 2015 at the latest.
5. It is proposed that initially a 1 year grant be awarded in the sum of £116,500 to VCVS, this funding would include the previous funding to the VVB.
6. Thereafter a 3 year grant could be considered taking account of how far reshaping services has developed in the Authority and the impact of the proposed merger between VCVS and VVB.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment)
7. Financial provision has been made within the corporate policy revenue budget 2015/16.
Sustainability and Climate Change Implications
8. There are no sustainability and climate change implications arising out of this report.
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
9. There are no direct legal implications arising from this report.
Crime and Disorder Implications
10. There are no Crime and Disorder Implications arising out of this report.
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
11. There are no Equal Opportunities arising out of this report.
12. The organisation's services will benefit Vale communities.
Policy Framework and Budget
13. This is a matter for Executive decision.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
14. Since the proposals are within the Policy Framework and Budget, no further consultation beyond that indicated in the report has taken place.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
15. Corporate Resources
Grant application forms.
Finance, ICT & Property
Tel: 01446 709252