The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Cabinet Meeting: 7 September, 2015
Report of the Leader
Cabinet Forward Work Programme - September to December 2015
Purpose of the Report
1. To inform Members of the Forward Work Programme of the Cabinet / Council for the period September to December 2015.
1. THAT Cabinet agree the Cabinet Forward Work Programme for the period September to December 2015.
Reasons for the Recommendations
1. To comply with the requirements of the Local Government Act 2000, subordinate legislation and the Council's Constitution.
2. In accordance with the provisions of the Local Government Act 2000 and the Council’s Constitution, the Cabinet Forward Work Programme attached as Appendix (A), sets out matters which the Executive and Full Council are likely to consider during September to December 2015.
3. Future work programmes will be prepared to cover periods of four months and will be updated quarterly, on a rolling basis, to maximise the opportunity for consultation and dialogue.
4. The Forward Work Programme shall contain information on:
5. The timetable for considering the budget and any plans forming part of the Policy Framework and requiring Council approval, and which body is to consider them.
6. The timetable for considering any plans which are the responsibility of the Executive.
7. Any individual matters from the Executive intends to consult in advance of taking any decision and the timetable for consultation and decision.
Relevant Issues and Options
8. Consideration will be given to publish future Cabinet Forward Work Programmes on an annual basis to run in line with the Council's municipal year. It is envisaged that the first programme will run from May 2016 - April 2017, and will include quarterly update reports to Cabinet.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment)
9. There are no direct implications as a result of the report.
Sustainability and Climate Change Implications.
10. None applicable to this report.
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
11. The preparation/publication of Forward Work Programmes complies with the requirements of the Local Government Act 2000, subordinate legislation and the Council’s Constitution.
Crime and Disorder Implications
12. There are no direct implications as a result of this report.
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
13. None applicable to this report
14. The publication of a Forward Work Programme is an important element of the Council meeting its corporate/service objectives and maximising consultation with interested parties.
Policy Framework and Budget
15. This is a matter for Executive decision.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
16. Consultation with Scrutiny and other Committee is indicated in the Programme.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
17. All Scrutiny Committees.
Local Government Act 2000
Council Consultation: October 2002
Mark Petherick (Cabinet Officer)
Corporate Management Team