Agenda Item No. 5
THE VALE OF GLAMORGAN COUNCIL
COUNCIL : 7TH MARCH, 2012
REPORT OF THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE
CONSULTATION WITH NON-DOMESTIC RATEPAYERS
Purpose of the Report
1. To consider any representations from non-domestic ratepayers.
That Council take into account any representations received from non-domestic ratepayers before fixing the Council Tax.
Relevant Issues and Options
2. Section 65 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992 places a duty on the Council to consult with representatives of local non-domestic ratepayers regarding the current and preceding years’ expenditure proposals.
3. Copies of the Council’s expenditure proposals have been forwarded to local non-domestic ratepayers, who have been invited to submit any comments by 12.00 noon on 7th March, 2012. Any comments received will be reported to your meeting.
4. Consultees have been informed that the Council has no control over the level of non-domestic rates, which are set by the Wales Assembly Government.
5. An advertisement inviting non-domestic ratepayers to inspect the Council’s expenditure proposals and submit representations has been placed in the Western Mail.
The Non-Domestic Ratepayers (Consultation) Regulations 1992 (Statutory Instrument No. 3171).
Jeff Wyatt (Tel: 01446 709408)