Agenda Item No. 17(a)
THE VALE OF GLAMORGAN COUNCIL
COUNCIL MEETING: 5 MARCH 2014
REFERENCE FROM CABINET: 24 FEBRUARY 2014
C2228 SENIOR MANAGEMENT AND STAFFING REVIEW – CORPORATE AND CUSTOMER SERVICES AND RESOURCES DIRECTORATES (L) (EXEMPT INFORMATION – PARAGRAPH 14) (Scrutiny – CORPORATE RESOURCES)
Approval was sought for management and staffing changes proposed as a consequence of the recent review of the Corporate and Customer Services Directorate and changes in other Directorates.
This was for Executive and Council decision.
(1) T H A T the proposed changes as set out in paragraphs 7 to 33 of this report be endorsed.
(2) T H A T with the exception of recommendations 3 and 4 in the Part I report all proposals be approved as a basis for continuing consultation with staff and the trade unions.
(3) T H A T the position of any employee displaced be referred as appropriate to the ER/R Committee.
(4) T H A T the use of the Council's Urgency Decision Procedure under article 13.09 of the Constitution be approved in order that recommendation 3 in the Part II report can be progressed without delay.
Reasons for decisions
(1) To seek and meet saving targets set out in the 2014/15 budget report and to ensure sustainable management and corporate services functions going forward.
(2) As outlined in 1 above and to ensure that the Council met its obligations in law and by Collective Agreement.
(3) As outlined in 1 above and to ensure that the Council acts in accordance with its Constitution.
(4) As outlined in 1 and 3 above.