Agenda Item No. 10
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Council: 29th September, 2014
Report of the Managing Director
Change to Membership of Democratic Services Committee
Purpose of the Report
1. To consider a change to the membership of the Democratic Services Committee notified by the Conservative Group. The overall size and membership of the Committee was considered and agreed at the Annual Meeting on 14th May, 2014.
That Councillor R.L. Traherne replace Councillor J.C. Bird on the Democratic Services Committee, with effect from 30th September, 2014.
Reasons for the Recommendations
To meet the request of the Conservative Group for a change in representation.
2. As per paragraph 3 below.
Relevant Issues and Options
3. Councillor Thomas, as Group Leader, has indicated that he intends to replace Councillor Bird with Councillor Traherne as a Member of the Democratic Services Committee.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment)
Sustainability and Climate Change Implications
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
6. The Council, as far as practicable, is required to comply with the requirements of the Local Government and Housing Act 1989 in terms of political balance requirements.
Crime and Disorder Implications
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
9. Not applicable.
Policy Framework and Budget
10. Changes to the composition, membership and terms of reference for Committees and any consequential changes to the Constitution are matters for Council to determine.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
11. This is an internal matter and therefore no external consultation procedure is necessary.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
12. Corporate Resources.
Report to Annual Meeting: 14th May, 2014.
Jeff Wyatt (Tel: 01446 709408)
Operational Manager (Democratic Services)