Agenda Item No. 9(a)
THE VALE OF GLAMORGAN COUNCIL
COUNCIL MEETING: 2 MARCH 2016
REFERENCE FROM CABINET: 11 JANUARY 2016
C3050 AWARD OF WORKS CONTRACT – BARRY HARBOUR ROAD CAUSEWAY PHASE 3 (VLS) (EXEMPT INFORMATION – PARAGRAPH 14) (SCRUTINY – ECONOMY AND ENVIRONMENT)
Cabinet was advised regarding the procurement exercise undertaken in respect of the Barry Harbour Road Causeway and to appoint a main contractor in respect of the Phase 3 works related to the construction of a shared walking and cycleway scheme that linked the Barry Harbour Road Causeway to the Old Harbour car park and to include upgrade works to the revetment along the route.
This was a matter for Executive decision
Cabinet, having considered the report and all the issues and implications contained therein
(1) T H A T the tender from J. Mc Carthy Contractors, be accepted as the most economically advantageous tender submitted, and an appropriate works contract be entered into.
(2) T H A T delegated authority be granted to the Head of Legal Services, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Visible and Leisure Services and the Director of Environment and Housing Services, to prepare and execute a works contract with J. Mc Carthy Contractors.
(3) T H A T in respect of resolutions 1 and 2 above, the use of article 14.14 of the Council's Constitution (urgent decision procedure) be authorised to enable the scheme to be progressed.
Reasons for decisions
(1) In order to comply with the Council's Contract Standing Orders requiring contracts with a value of over £300,000 to be agreed by Cabinet.
(2) To provide for appropriate authority for the Head of Legal Services to prepare and execute the necessary contract on the Council's behalf.
(3) To enable the contract arrangements to be finalised and for works to start on site.
Report to Cabinet