Agenda Item No. 4
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Democratic Services Committee: 24th July 2012
Report of the Chief Executive
Democratic Services Committee: Membership and Terms of Reference
Purpose of the Report
1. The following membership and terms of reference were agreed by Full Council at the Annual Meeting on 23rd May 2012.
Councillors Richard Bertin, Bronwen Brooks, John Drysdale, Christopher Franks, Gwyn Roberts, John Thomas, Rhodri Traherne, Margaret Wilkinson, Edward Williams and Mark Wilson.
To comprise of Councillors only – to be politically balanced with no more than 1 executive Member, who cannot be the Leader.
Full Council to appoint Chairman, who must not be a member of any political group on the Executive.
· Terms of Reference:
(1) To designate the Head of Democratic Services.
(2) To keep under review the provision by the Authority of adequate resources to discharge Democratic Services functions.
(3) To make reports and recommendations in respect of (2) above to Full Council at least annually.
(4) To have regard to Welsh Ministerial guidance when exercising its functions.
· Frequency of Meetings
The Committee must meet at least once a year.
That a report be submitted to the next meeting setting out for Members' consideration the areas considered to fall within the above terms of reference and, therefore, to be monitored / progressed accordingly.
Reason for the Recommendation
To meet the requirements of the Local Government (Wales) Measure 2011
Jeff Wyatt, Operational Manager - Democratic Services.
John Maitland Evans, Chief Executive