Top

Top

Agenda Item No.

 

 

VALE OF GLAMORGAN LOCAL ACCESS FORUM:  10TH NOVEMBER, 2010

 

 

REPORT OF THE SECRETARY

 

 

SYNOPSIS TAKEN FROM THE MEETING NOTES OF THE NAFW HELD ON 13th JULY 2010

 

TOPIC

RESULTANT ACTION

1. Wales Outdoor Recreation Survey Results

 

Jo Ronald to circulate a copy of ‘Participation in Outdoor Recreation’ presentation with minutes.

 

A limited number of hard copies will be available at the meeting.

2. Research Project Proposal - The Economic Value of Walking / Hill Walking in Wales

Jean Rosenfeld welcomed the move by Ramblers Cymru to repeat research relating to this issue from ten years ago, which is to be presented to the enquiry into rural tourism to be carried out later in the year by the National Assembly.

3. Pembrokeshire Coast Recreation Planning Project

David Jones (Pembrokeshire Coastal Forum) demonstrated the web-based geographic information system resource that had been developed in Pembrokeshire and South West Wales along the coast. Data relating to Public Rights of Way to be added to the system in the near future. Any partners with relevant information urged to add their data to the system.

4. Tread Lightly

Mark Margetts introduced the Tread Lightly Campaign and advised Members of the developments relating to the scheme; although there was no resultant action.

5. Darganfod Dyfi / Explore Dyfi

Helen Howells (CCW) outlined the scheme which was part funded by the European Development Fund and managed by CCW, paying particular attention to the planned improvements to existing public rights of way. Following public consultation, the project steering group will select routes for improvement using analysis of priorities.

 

Catrin Ellis Jones (Independent Facilitator) to provide report detailing the above.

 

Project team to create newsletter and provide further information to local communities.

6. British Waterways - A Case for Membership of the National Access Forum for Wales

Andrew Stumpf provided background on the work done by British Waterways along with a short promotional video.

 

Jo Ronald to write to invite British Waterways to send a representative to the NAF in the future. JR also to send details of the terms of reference and other background detail as appropriate.

7. Matters Arising

Action 36.4 - Jean Rosenfeld reported that different LAFs took differing stances in relation to their consultation on planning matters. The key issue was to identify the sort of planning issues it would be appropriate for LAFs to consider.

 

Action 36.6 & 7 - Jo Ronald to circulate draft dog statement, updated with comments, to members of the National Access Forum.

 

A limited number of hard copies of that statement will be available at the meeting.

8. News and Updates from Members

Daniel Thomas to feed back to colleagues who were members of the Glastir team relating to Highway Authorities’ struggles with response times and concerns relating to time available to provide a quality and well considered response to consultation.

 

Members are asked to note that a full copy of the draft meeting notes are available upon application to the Secretary.

 

Share on facebook Like us on Facebook