Agenda Item No.
THE VALE OF GLAMORGAN COUNCIL
PLANNING COMMITTEE: 23RD JUNE, 2011
REFERENCE FROM CABINET: 18TH MAY, 2011
"C1317 PLANNING IMPROVEMENT FUND FOR LOCAL PLANNING AUTHORITIES 2011-12 (PT) (SCRUTINY - ECONOMY AND ENVIRONMENT) -
Planning Improvement Fund had again be made available for 2011/12 however, unlike previous years, WAG had set priorities for funding as detailed in Appendix A to the report. The report summarised the availability of funding as outlined below:
· A maximum of £15k. per authority was being made available for Development Management Service Improvement.
· A maximum of £45k. per authority was being made available for an authority with an adopted Development Plan in place. It was estimated that approximately £20k. would be available for this Council since this Council was progressing its LDP and already had a UDP.
· A maximum of £30k. per authority would be available to progress key policy priorities and bids would be compiled with the aim of receiving the maximum £30k. available.
· A maximum of £20k. was available for supporting technical assistance in respect of major wind farm applications and renewable energy and waste treatment projects.
Notification of approval in principle of these submissions was anticipated by 30th June, 2011.
This was a matter for Executive decision.
(1) T H A T the terms of the Planning Improvement Funding available for 2011/12 be noted and the submission of claims for funding approved.
(2) T H A T a copy of the report be presented to the Planning Committee for information purposes.
Reasons for decisions
(1) To apprise Cabinet of the terms of the Planning Improvement Fund available for 2011/12 and to allow claims to be submitted to WAG.
(2) To apprise the Planning Committee of the terms of the Planning Improvement Fund."
Attached as Appendix - Report to Cabinet: 18th May, 2011