Agenda Item No.
THE VALE OF GLAMORGAN COUNCIL
PLANNING COMMITTEE: 28TH JULY, 2011
REFERENCE FROM CABINET: 20TH JULY, 2011
“C1392 COUNTY TREASURES ADDENDUM (PT) (SCRUTINY - ECONOMY AND ENVIRONMENT) -
The County Treasures list had been endorsed by Cabinet in June 2007. Supplementary Planning Guidance relating to locally listed County Treasures was adopted by Cabinet in March 2009 when a recommendation that a further report be submitted to Cabinet detailing proposed addendums and additions / deletions from the list as appropriate was endorsed. Members noted that since the adoption of the list, a number of events had occurred which had required the amendment of the document. Those included the identification, by Cadw, of four new scheduled monuments, the de-scheduling of one and five new listed buildings. The Council had also recently completed a full survey of its 39 Conservation Areas which had identified a number of buildings which met the criteria for inclusion as locally listed County Treasures. In addition, the Addendum would act as an erratum correcting errors of fact that were inadvertently included in the adopted document. The Addendum itself was appended to the report. An amended version of Appendix B which related to the consultation response, including comments from Barry Town Council, was tabled at the meeting. The Cabinet Member referred to various issues to which his attention had been drawn, including the possible addition of other “treasures”, and assured Members that all the issues raised would receive appropriate attention. Any typographical errors would also be corrected prior to publication.
This was a matter for Executive decision.
(1) T H A T the County Treasures Addendum as contained at Appendix A to the report and amended where appropriate be approved.
(2) T H A T the amendment of Appendix A of the County Treasures Supplementary Planning Guidance to reflect the Addendum be approved.
(3) T H A T the Planning Committee be apprised of the Addendum.
Reasons for decisions
(1) To ensure the list remains relevant and up to date.
(2) To ensure the Supplementary Planning Guidance remains relevant and up to date.
(3) To ensure Planning Committee is aware of the Addendum.”
Attached as Appendix - Report to Cabinet: 20th July, 2011