Agenda Item No
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Planning Committee: 4th October 2012
Report of the Managing Director
Purpose of the Report
1. To note the attendance of the following Members at the following on 30th August, 2012:
· Presentation on proposals for the Penarth Learning Community
· Site visit to the proposed Penarth Learning Community.
That the report be noted.
Reason for the Recommendation
To advise the Committee.
2. The site inspections had been requested by the Planning Committee on 6th September, 2012.
Relevant Issues and Options
3. Apologies for absence were received from Councillors R.J. Bertin, J. Drysdale, Ms. K. Edmunds, C.P.J. Elmore, E. Hacker, Mrs. V.M. Hartrey (site visit), Ms. R. Probert (site visit) and M.R. Wilson.
Councillor F.T. Johnson (Chairman); Councillor Mrs. M.R. Wilkinson (Vice-Chairman); Councillors Mrs. M.E.J. Birch, Ms. R. Birch, Mrs. P. Drake, Mrs. V.M. Hartrey, K. Hatton, H.J.W. James, Mrs. M. Kelly Owen, P. King, K.P. Mahoney, A. Parker, R.A. Penrose, Mrs. A.J. Preston, Ms. R.F. Probert and E. Williams.
(b) Site Visit
Councillor F.T. Johnson (Chairman); Councillor Mrs. M.R. Wilkinson (Vice-Chairman); Councillors Mrs. M.E.J. Birch, Ms. R. Birch, Mrs. P. Drake, H.J.W. James, P. King, K.P. Mahoney, A. Parker, R.A. Penrose, Mrs. A.J. Preston and E. Williams.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment)
Sustainability and Climate Change Implications
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
Crime and Disorder Implications
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
Policy Framework and Budget
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
Reports to Planning Committee.
Mr. C. Hope, Democratic and Scrutiny Services Officer, Telephone: (01446) 709855.
Sian Davies, Managing Director