Agenda Item No
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Public Rights of Way Sub-Committee: 16th July, 2012
Report of the Director of Development Services
Highways Act 1980 s119 application to divert FP 5 St. Nicholas
Purpose of the Report
1. To inform the Committee of the applicants request to withdraw the application.
That the order making process is stopped and that the case is closed.
Reason for the Recommendations
The applicant has asked for the withdrawal of the application as the planning application associated with the development has been withdrawn.
2. An application to divert public right of way No.5 St. Nicholas was received on 16 December, 2010, the applicant is Asbri Planning Ltd on behalf of Newydd Housing Association.
3. Following pre-order consultations the Order was made on 1 August, 2011.
4. An objection to the Order was received on 26 September, 2011 from St. Nicholas and Bonvilston Community Council
5. The applicant was informed of the situation; the applicant asked that we hold back on restarting the order making process.
6. In a letter dated 12 March, 2012 the applicant asked for the application to be withdrawn, following the withdrawal of their planning application for the development.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment and Climate Change, if appropriate)
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
Crime and Disorder Implications
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
11. Determination of applications is pursuant to aims within the Council’s Rights of Way Improvement Plan.
Director of Development Services.
Geraint Davies, Legal Services
No comments received.
Order plan and schedule.
Letter of objection.
Letter requesting withdrawal of application.
Sandra Thomas, Public Rights of Way Assistant, Countryside and Economic Projects - Tel 01446 704705.