Agenda Item No
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Scrutiny Committee (Corporate Resources): 11th October 2011
Report of the Director of Finance ICT and Property
Revenue Monitoring for the period 1st April 2011 to 31st August 2011
Purpose of the Report
1. To advise Scrutiny Committee of the progress of revenue expenditure for the period 1st April, 2011 to 31st, August, 2011.
1. That the position with regard to the Authority’s 2011/12 Revenue Budget be noted.
Reason for the Recommendation
1. That the Members are aware of the projected revenue outturn for 2011/12.
2. Council on the 28th February 2011 (minute no 957 and 955 respectively) approved the Revenue Budget and Housing Revenue Account budget for 2011/12. The Budget information is subdivided by Cabinet Members’ portfolio within each Directorate. Reports monitoring expenditure are brought to this Committee on a regular basis.
Relevant Issues and Options
3. The projected out turn for the 2011/12 Revenue Budget is shown in comparison with the Revenue Budget at Appendix ‘1'. The forecast is for a balanced Council Revenue Budget.
4. The forecast is for an estimated balanced budget on the Housing Revenue Account.
5. The gross overspends as shown in the last Cabinet report still continue at the same level on the Education and Schools and Social Services Directorates. However there is an additional pressure on Children’s Services as a result of the National Minimum Allowance for Foster Carers and Residents Orders as introduced by Welsh Government. The impact is currently being quantified and Members will be advised accordingly at a future meeting.
6. For Other Services expenditure is anticipated to be within budget.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment and Climate Change, if appropriate)
7. There are no implications.
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
8. There are no legal implications.
Crime and Disorder Implications
9. There are no crime and disorder implications.
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
10. There are no equal opportunity implications.
11. Effective monitoring assists in the provision of accurate and timely information to officers and Members and in particular allows services to better manage their resources.
Policy Framework and Budget
12. This report is for Executive decision.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
13. Each Scrutiny Committee will receive a monitoring report on their respective areas. This report does not require Ward Member consultation.
Robert Ingram (Principal Accountant) (01446 709252)
The Directors of Learning and Development, Environment and Economic Regeneration and Legal, Public Protection and Housing Services and Social Services have been consulted on the contents of this report.
Sian Davies, Director of Finance, ICT and Property