Agenda Item No. 5
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Scrutiny Committee (Corporate Resources): 25th June 2013
Report of the Managing Director
Capital Monitoring Report for the period 1st April to 30th April 2013
Purpose of the Report
1. To advise Scrutiny of the progress on the 2013/14 Capital Programme for the period 1st April 2013 to 30th April 2013
1. That the position with regard to the Authority’s 2013/14 Capital Programme be noted.
Reasons for the Recommendations
1. To allow schemes to proceed this financial year
2. Council on the 6th March 2013, minute number C942, approved the proposed capital programme for 2013/14.
Relevant Issues and Options
3. Appendix 1 details financial progress on the Capital Programme as at 30th April 2013.
4. The monitoring report shows actual expenditure spent for the month of April 2013 and is matched by a similar figure in the profile to date column, thereby showing no variances. Profiled expenditure has been requested from Project Managers and will be updated in the next report.
5. Members should be aware that appendix 1 does not include requests for unspent committed expenditure to be slipped from 2012/13 into 2013/14. A request for this slippage will be included in the Closing Down report presented to a future Cabinet meeting.
6. For all schemes where it is evident that the full year's budget will not be spent during the year, the relevant officers are required to provide an explanation for the shortfall and this shall be taken to the earliest available Cabinet.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment)
7. There are no direct financial implications of this report.
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
8. There are no legal implications
Crime and Disorder Implications
9. There are no crime and disorder implications
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
10. There are no equal opportunity implications.
11. Effective monitoring assists in the provision of accurate and timely information to officers and Members and in particular allows services to better manage their resources
Policy Framework and Budget
12. This report is a matter for Executive decision by the Cabinet.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
13. Each Scrutiny Committee will receive a monitoring report on their respective areas. This report does not require Ward Member consultation.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
Laura Davis Senior Accountant, Tel. no. 01446 709249
The Directors of Resources, Social Services, Development Services, Visible Services and Housing, and the Chief Licensing and Skills Officer.
Director of Resources