Agenda Item No. 4
THE VALE OF GLAMORGAN COUNCIL
SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (ECONOMY AND ENVIRONMENT): 1 APRIL 2014
REFERENCE FROM CABINET: 24 MARCH 2014
C2257 FEES AND CHARGES: COUNTRYSIDE SERVICE (LPCSD) (SCRUTINY COMMITTEE – ECONOMY AND ENVIRONMENT)
Endorsement was sought for changes to charges levied at Cosmeston Lakes and Porthkerry Country Parks, the Glamorgan Heritage Coast Centre, and in respect of the making of specific Public Path Orders. The charges were detailed in the report and in Appendices A, B, C and D attached to the report and were for implementation in April 2014.
This was a matter for Executive decision.
(1) T H A T the charges detailed in the report and in Appendices A, B, C and D as attached to the report be agreed for implementation in April 2014.
(2) T H A T charges set out in Appendices A, B, C and D as attached to the report be the maximum with the Director of Development Services having delegated authority to vary for promotions.
(3) T H A T the Director of Development Services be delegated powers to waive charges for Public Path Orders where a substantive public interest exists.
(4) T H A T the report be referred to the next meeting of the Scrutiny Committee (Economy & Environment) for information.
Reasons for decisions
(1) To reflect costs, opportunities and market conditions.
(2) To allow prices to be used as a marketing tool.
(3) To facilitate appropriate improvements to the Footpath network.
(4) For information.
Attached as Appendix – Report to Cabinet – 24 MARCH 2014