Agenda Item No.
THE VALE OF GLAMORGAN COUNCIL
SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (ECONOMY AND ENVIRONMENT): 24 MARCH 2015
REFERENCE FROM CABINET: 23 FEBRUARY 2015
C2667 VALE OF GLAMORGAN DESTINATION ACTION PLAN (2014-2017): FEEDBACK FROM CONSULTATION EXERCISE AND FINAL DESTINATION ACTION PLAN (AS AMENDED) (RIPT) (SCRUTINY COMMITTEE – ECONOMY AND ENVIRONMENT) -
To outline the feedback received following the consultation exercise which has informed changes to the draft Destination Action Plan that was presented to Cabinet in June, 2014 (Cabinet Minute: C2352 refers).
On 16 June, 2014 a report was presented to Cabinet regarding the Draft Destination Action Plan (Cabinet minute: C2352 refers). The report outlined the requirements for such a Plan and the process required to take the draft plan forward. The report also identified the main priorities of the Destination Action Plan which were as follows:
Raising the profile (promoting the Vale).
Improving the public realm and tourism infrastructure (Place Development).
Enhancing the tourism product and experience (Product Development).
Enhancing the sense of place (Place Promotion).
Since the Cabinet in June 2014 an extensive consultation exercise had taken place with members and stakeholders.
The report was referred to Scrutiny Committee: Economy and Environment (Scrutiny Committee Minute: 217 refers), discussed at the Vale of Glamorgan Agricultural Show Business Breakfast held in August 2014 and also referred to Youth Cabinet in December 2014
A summary of the responses received from the Scrutiny Committee (Economy and environment) Business Breakfast Event and the Youth Cabinet were also included within the consultation feedback report attached at Appendix A to the report.
Consultation also took place with stakeholders who were invited to comment on the draft plan between 28 November 2014 and 23 January 2015. During this period 5 responses were received and had been included in the consultation feedback report attached at Appendix A to the report.
This was a matter for Executive decision
(1) T H A T the consultation feedback report attached at Appendix A to the report outlining the responses received following the Consultation exercise be noted.
(2) T H A T the Draft Destination Action Plan (as amended) following the consultation exercise attached at Appendix B to the report be approved and adopted.
(3) T H A T the report and the Final Destination Action Plan be referred to Scrutiny Committee (Economy and Environment) for information.
(4) T H A T the report and the Final Destination Action Plan be referred to the Youth Cabinet for information.
Reasons for decisions
(1) To note the feedback from the consultation exercise.
(2) To approve and adopt the Destination Action Plan following the amendments from the Consultation exercise.
(3) To keep members of the Scrutiny Committee (Economy and Environment) apprised.
(4) To keep the Youth Cabinet apprised.
Attached as Appendix – Report to Cabinet – 23 FEBRUARY 2015